Saturday, October 11, 2014

Two days, two episodes

Wednesday was warm and my arrhythmia kicked in once the heavy machinery outside started up. Noise, traffic fumes, and stress all act as a trigger for Long QT. I was already at a deficit when I left the house to walk to an errand. I got distressed on the way: confused, short of breath, spasms, chorea, facial contractions, stamping, and the overwhelming urge to bash my head against the wall repeatedly, as if the percussive effect would stop the distress in my head. It felt like explosions or shocks going through my brain. They were kind enough to bring me a wheelchair to bring me from the waiting room into the doctor's office, as I was unable to walk until I lay down for an hour in the air conditioned exam room. I recovered somewhat after eating. More and more the seizures and movements are coinciding with orthostatic intolerance and Long QT symptoms – as if lack of oxygen were triggering the neurologic episodes. I have always had orthostatic intolerance as well as Long QT type response to stressors. I have always had numbness, stiffness, and pain in feet and hands. But the movements and seizures are more recent. They began slowly a few years ago, and escalated sharply after a traumatic event May 2013.

Friday I had a different attack, with viral-type symptoms. Thursday p.m. it got cool and I felt feverish. Had diarrhea 6 times Friday a.m. Chills, weakness, exhaustion, general malaise. Vicious prickling/itching/stabbing sensations in: feet (bottom), joints (top of left hand); painful cyst outbreak. I treated new cyst topically for first time with indica oil on a whim, since the cysts involve my nerves and can be very painful. It suppressed pain for about 6-8 hours and seemed to calm it down. Yay. Also took leftover antivirals for cysts and itching (Acyclovir 2x/day for 2.5 days). Did not make it out the house except for short breaks. I have been having these cyst/malaise episodes since age 12, often in response to changes in weather (damp, cool, windy weather especially) and topical stress (friction from hats or underwear; topical beauty treatments, etc). It can last for hours or days. I believe this episode was typical of Dysautonomia (that is, it is one type of standard Dysautonomia episode).

No comments:

Post a Comment